Geometric Testing of 5-axis Machine Tools Tutorial
Measurement procedures for testing 5-axis machine tools are presented with special focus on kinematic tests like ball bar tests, chase-the-ball tests (R-tests), and multilateration, i.e. multiple length measurements in the working volume of the machine tool.
Special consideration is given to measurement uncertainty and uncertainty of evaluated parameters of the machine, like position of a rotary axis relative to the linear axes and the influence of geometric errors of the machine tool under test to these uncertainties.
Test pieces for 5-axis machining are presented, as well as latest developments in ISO standardisation for 5-axis machine tools.
- Test methods and test equipment for geometric errors of 5-axis machine tools
- Measurement uncertainty and uncertainty of parameters and their dependency on machine tool performance
- Test pieces for 5-axis machine tools
- Relevant ISO standards for 5-axis machine tools
- Students in the field of mechanical engineering
- Experienced researchers in the field of manufacturing
- Machine tool designers